Thursday, June 17, 2010

Face the Facts

Sometimes I really wish that I were a scrap booking mom. One of those moms who make cute little memory books and make all their “nooks” look cutsie, they sew or do crafts or paint or draw in combination with this scrapbooking skill it just seems like a nice thing to do, it seems like a stay at home mom thing to do. I am not at all like that. I hate scrap booking. Not only do I hate it but I am also not good at it, hence probably the reason for hating it, I generally don’t enjoy things that I am not very good at, I definitely rank that amongst my character flaws.
I also would like to be one of those blogging moms who have good pieces of information, yummy recipes and crafty ideas for your kids, one of those blogs that other mom’s bookmark and reference it times of need. Why? Because it seems like a warm fuzzy thing to do, it kind of gives me warm fuzzies just thinking about it, the kind of warm fuzzies that I usually get when I think about how nice it would be to scrapbook, and then it hits me, I hate scrapbooking!

My SM read my latest blog and said that he enjoyed it because it was “in your face” he said that that is my style and that is why I disliked my Christmas post because it was too cutsie. I had another conversation with a friend of mine who was talking about writing a blog and he stated that he wasn’t sure whether he should just make commentary on things that other people have written or whether he should write his own stuff, now don’t get me wrong I think that commentary is great because you get to see a piece of writing through eyes other than your own, sometimes you get a fresh perspective or grasp an elusive concept. To me it was a no brainer, why would you make commentary on someones elses stuff? What is the point? Don’t you have anything original to say? If not than why not? Like I said though, that is just me, maybe it’s a personality thing.

All this to say that I give up. I am done. I am not cutsie. I don’t like scrapbooking. I want to write my own stuff and at the very least re-word things since most everything has been said before but I hope to at least put a new twist on it. And I don’t want to live like everyone else not because I want to be different just because but I want to be ok with being different because that is already a fact. Let’s face the facts, I will never be an interior decorator and I will never be one of those moms with the cool crafty etsy shops. And you know what? I like it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment